Residency ProgramWhether delivering C-sections, utilizing advanced endoscopic techniques, or performing ventilator management of comatose patients in ICU, our unique residency program prepares you for the multi-disciplined expertise required for rural family practice.
Since our program accepts only a limited number of applicants, each resident receives personal hands-on experience working directly with practicing specialists.
The ISU Family Medicine Residency Program's mission is to train physicians for successful rural family practice. The three-year unopposed program is a community-based, University-affiliated program designed to produce skilled, caring family practice physicians. The residency currently trains seven residents per class. It is fully accredited by the ACGME and is affiliated with Portneuf Medical Center Hospital Site, which serves Pocatello and the surrounding communities.
- High-volume obstetrical and procedural experience (expect 170 deliveries and 40 C-sections)
- High-quality, demanding internal medicine and ICU service
- State-of-the-art family medicine clinic and electronic conference facilities
- Small university town setting with mountain recreation just minutes away
- Global Health Fellowship in development
- Strong sports medicine opportunities